Program Location: 1051 Budapest, Vigadó tér 2.
Program Dates: 2018-12-31 - 2019-12-31 New Year’s Eve Gala – Dinner & Concert & Party – 31st December Budapest
Celebrate the New Year in the style of the 19th century! Budapest shows its class on the 31st December with this unique program combination.
The program begins with a delicious 5 course gala dinner from a carefully selected menu composed for exclusively for this occasion. With a full palate, prepare for the highlight of the night in the form of the New Year’s Eve Gala Concert performed by one of the most famous Hungarian symphonic orchestras, professional ballet dancers, operetta singers and folk musicians. Enjoy the 1.5 hour long entertainment with a repertoire covering musical styles such as operetta, gipsy music and Hungarian classical music. Budapest’s very own Danube Symphony Orchestra headlines the grand spectacle. Starring professional ballet dancers and the city’s best operetta soloist, the performance also serves as a confirmation that music and dance is inseparable.
The night is complete with a classy standing reception in exclusive ballroom atmosphere for a multi-cultural audience. The reception includes open bar with unlimited drink consumption and traditional Hungarian New Year’s dinner to bring your luck for the next year.
The program takes place in one of Budapest Downtown’s most distinguished theatre buildings, the Danube Palace. Located just between the iconic Chain Bridge and the stunning Basilica, the Palace is part of the Budapest’s history. Built at the end of the 19th century, the building has a true time-travelling feel to it that further enhances the intimate atmosphere of this distinguished evening.
Experience the class and magnitude of royal Hungary and have yourself a New Year’s Eve for the ages!
Dress code: prepare for a suit & tie event!
As program starter, we would like to invite you to our Gala Dinner beginning at 19:00.
Do not worry about table reservations for New Year’s Eve. Enjoy a full service Gala Dinner in the beautiful ballroom of the Danube Palace! The Gala Dinner features a 5 course meal, selected and prepared exclusively for this event. Cold and warm appetizers will be on offer along with soups, main courses and desserts. To top it all up, a different glass of premium wine will be served for each course from a carefully selected assortment.
The Gala Concert starts at 22:00 in the theatre hall, preparing New Year’s celebration.
There is hardly a more pleasant way to greet the coming year than listening to some of the most amazing classical music from composers known worldwide in a prestigious theatre. In preparation for the New Year’s celebration, the Budapest Danube Orchestra leads the grandiose concert, in cooperation with professional ballet dancers, soloists of the world-renowned Budapest Operetta Theatre and Hungarian folk musicians.
New Year’s greeting
Standing Reception and Party after Midnight:
Clink glasses and celebrate after midnight on our standing reception. Celebrate the New Year in ballroom atmosphere with friends, family, loved ones, or join the great multicultural crowd. Having a great time together, exchanging stories and experiences with fellow travellers is a great way to set a delightful mood, and start a coming year, full of promises. Let loose and dance the night away for tunes of the 90’s on a themed party after the midnight toast. The amazing atmosphere is guaranteed by a talented local DJ. There will be no empty plate or glass on our all-inclusive standing reception. The open bar features champagne, multiple wine options soft drinks and much more. Everything that’s necessary for a great party.
- Hector Berlioz: Rákóczi March (Orchestra)
- Zoltán Kodály: Intermezzo - from the Opera Háry János (Orchestra)
- Johannes Brahms: Hungarian Dances No. 5. (Orchestra with cimbalom solo)
- Béla Bartók: Roumanian Folk Dances (Orchestra)
- Jules Massenet: Thais - Meditation (Kiss Zoltán, Orchestra)
- Ferenc Erkel: Palotás – fromthe Opera Hunyadi László (Orchestra)
- Franz Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2. (Orchestra with cimbalom solo)
- Franz Lehár: Eva-Waltz (Ballett Ensemble)
- Emmerich Kálmán:The CzardasQueen – „Dasist die Liebe”
- Franz Lehár: The MerryWidow- Medley (Orchestra)
- Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow– „GrisettenLied und Kan-Kan” (Ballett Ensemble)
- Grigoraş Ionică Dinicu: The nightingale (Gypsy Band)
- A csitári hegyek alatt… (Hungarian Folk song, Gypsy Band)
- Vittorio Monti: Csárdás Czardas (Gypsy Band)
- Emmerich Kalman: The Devil-rider– Palotás (Orchestra, Ballett Ensemble)
- Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza– „Komm mit nach Varazdin”
- Johann Straussjr.:Long livethe Magyar! Op. 332. (Orchestra)
- Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza– „BraunesMädel von der Pussta” (Ballett Ensemble)
With Danube Symphonic Orchestra and Ballett Ensemble of Budapest Operetta Theatre
Date of the program: 31st December
Starts at 20:00
Duration: 90 minutes
Meeting point: inside the historic building of the Duna Palota (Budapest, Zrínyi Street 5, 1051)
Meeting time is 19.30.
Every concert starts at 20.00, and consists of two parts, 40-45 minutes each, plus an intermission.
Optional with Dinner & Cruise
| || |
Please send your reservation via e-mail to email@example.com. We will send the confirmation of your booking within 1 day, but usually in 3 hours!