The imposing building at the foot of the Castle in Óváros tér is the administrative centre of the town: the Town Hall. The romantic building was erected in 1857 for the purpose of an ecclesiastical bank but has operated as the Mayor’s Office since 1990. For some time the bank was converted into a district office and before its renovation it was abandoned for a long time. The reconstruction enriched the town with a beautiful building. The elegant wrought-iron rail decorating the two balconies of the second floor and the supporting leaf-ornamented metal consoles, the mural stuccoes, friezes and the national and municipal coat of arms by the entrance this is a centre worthy of the municipal offices. The impressive interior is the scene for wedding ceremonies but has also served as a venue for exhibitions and performances.