Calvary

Calvary

8237 Tihany, Visszhang utca
+36 (87) 538030

The most beautiful 20th century calvary of the country was built within a few years time, beginning in 1926 , from public contributions. The stones with inscription and bronze relief symbolising the suffering of Christ and the Way of the Cross were raised on behalf of the historic counties and royalé boroughs of Hungary. The stone cross of Christ, in the background, there are three knolls built of limestone blocks and the bronze memorial of Hungarian King Charles IV: The structures of the Calvary were demolished in 1960.

Map & Route planner

Route planner:
Start point: Planning