The Pius church (also known as Heart of Jesus) was constructed between 1927 and 1930 following the design of Gáspár Fábián. It is one of the most beautiful modern time churches in Pécs. The two-tower church raises high above the trees and buildings of the street in front of it. Its walls are white inside, providing a monumental sensation of space. The altars are covered by marble tiles, the statue of Jesus is made from Carrara white marble. The church regularly hosts orchestral and vocal concerts. The church-goers here include university students.