The Hospitaller Brothers of St John of God established a pharmacy in Pécs in 1796. The northern façade of the church and the pharmacy wing was rebuilt in a neo-Renaissance style in 1891.
The nut-wood furniture of the former Hospitaller pharmacy was made in the style of Luis XVI. at the end of the 18th century. A special characteristic of the furniture is that the surfaces display pomegranates. Pomegranate is a symbol of fertility in the Ancient Greece, it symbolised Mary in mediaeval times and it later became the emblem of the Hospitallers. During the restoration works of the frescos partially destroyed, older frescos were found. Especially portrayals of herbal plants were found, such as datura stramonium with the snake and cup symbolizing pharmaceutics as well as digitalis and poppy plants. The furniture, after forty years of ordeals, is now back at its original place and, even if it is somewhat imperfect, it is still one of the most valuable museum pharmacies of the country.