In the outskirts of the small village with a population of about 420, stone tools from prehistoric times while in the village, remnants of a Roman palace were found. One branch of the Aquaduct carrying water to Savaria began from the valley above the settlement. Its first written mention is from 1279 as Villa Bosuk. Then it belonged to St. Vid’s castle under the rule of Németújváry family, who connected it later to Rohonc and ruled it over until the beginning of the 15th century. In 1405 it was given to Garai family. In 1445 Frederic III captured the village. After reoccupation of Rohonc, King Matthias conferred it to his loyal adherent, Péter Tárnok who later gave it to János Bornemissza. After his death it was given to Sibrik family as a royal gift, however Batthyány family also laid claim to it. They could only buy a part of the village and one of the palaces in 1616-17. The village was completely demolished during the Turkish siege in 1532 so Croatian people were settled here. Although they preserved their language for a long time, they became Hungarian by the second half of the 19th century. In 1552, Gergeyl Sibrik divided his estates into two parts. His heirs of both branches built their own homes in the village. The elder branch got the palace that can be seen even today. It was believed for a long time to have been King Matthias’s hunting-seat. The three-part house, which was mentioned first in 1554, was changed into a fortified castle only in 1614 because of the protection against Turkish invaders. It was modernized in 1702, then it got its present form in 1815. In 1906 Sibrik family sold it to Gyula Végh, the later managing director of Museum of Applied Arts. He was a real fan of the palace and its environment as well. In 1959 it was renovated and changed into a holiday home of Vas County Council. Today it is Hotel Sibrik. In the village two ruins can be seen. One of then is the Batthyány palace, which was demolished in a fire caused by lightning in 1841. However, it was a favourite palace of Lords of Rohonc. Ferenc Rákóczi II stayed here in 1698 and Emperor Frank in 1813. The other ruin is the former Holy Trinity church, which can be found near St Anna church. This one has a medieval origin and works even today. There is a chapel as well, which was erected in honour of St Joseph in 1775.