The erection of the Holy trinity Column was commissioned by the town in memory pf the 600 victims of a plague, which broke out after Rákóczi’s War of Independence. it is indicated by the prayer written in Latin on the band of the top putto figure and also by a chronogram containing the date 1713: “ Lapsos DIVa trIas Libera faMe pesteqVe beLLo" ( Holy trinity, rescue all prostrates from famine plague and war). Servatius Leithner, a sculptor from Sopron was asked to make the three-part – plinth, leg and sculpture – column in 1712. On the octagonal plinth the figures of St. Roch, St. Sebastian, St. Joseph and St. John of Nepomuk while on the relief St. Rosalie can be seen. On the Corinthian –headed spiral shank is the main part of the representation of the Holy Trinity; the Throne of Mercy, sitting on the throne is God the Father with a tiara on His head holding the crucified Son on His knee. The dove symbolizing the Holy Spirit is placed into the column-head under the two main figures. The oldest Baroque sculpture in the town was made of limestone from Fertőrákos, which has increasing difficulties in resisting the rigours weather conditions, traffic and destructive human hands.