The second confectionery of earliest foundation and function in Hungary works on the ground floor of the storied town-house being the most valuable in the South Great Plain by survey of monuments. This is a ‘telltale’ witness of Gyula town’s history. It was opened in 1840 herewith contributing notably to the upswing of the town’s societal life. Its saloons are imbued with the feel of reform period still today. The founder of the confectioner’s workshop furnished with original utensils of use – functioning as a confectioner’s workshop museum – was András Salis confectioner master. Here various kinds of candies, ice creams, parfaits, tee biscuits, leavened dough and short pastries were prepared and the remaining tin-moulds have kept the fashion of the ice cream- and parfait compositions.
The present offer of the Hundred-Year-Old Confectionery is also the result of perfect material and high level professional grounding: in addition to confectioneries, cakes and parfaits there are handicraft bonbons that can be made with nougat or stuffed, trüffels, specialties containing fruits mellowed in spirits, bonbons with brittle prepared as Hungarian specialty as well as bonbons containing wafer and marzipan.