The History of Eger Tobacco Factory

The History of Eger Tobacco Factory

3300 Eger, Törvényház utca 4.
Eger Tobacco Factory, which is the predecessor in title of Philip Morris Magyarország Ltd, started operating in our town in 1896 and with that it was an elemental part of the town of Eger for over a century. Strolling along the one time storages of 350 square metres of floor space, which houses the exhibition today, one can trace the technological development from hand-made cigars to machine-made cigarettes.

By viewing lots of old photos, objects and documents, the visitor can imagine what the lives of the factory workers were like, how the cigar Csongor was made, what life was like in the times of the Five-Year Plan, how a modern plant with the help of licence-connections came to life, which entered the network of a world company.


Map & Route planner

Route planner:
Start point: Planning