The Hungarian House of Photography, uniquely in Europe, was built for the purpose of exhibiting photography. A multi-storey building under historical monument protection, its primary task is to give home to Hungarian and international historical and contemporary photographical exhibitions. Built in 1894, used to give home to Budapest's most famous music club called Arizona, which opened in 1931. The owners were deported by the Hungarian Nazis in 1944. Later the building served as a school, then a showroom, to be used by the Hungarian Motorists' Club for thirty years. The Mai Manó Gallery is on the first floor, and the House of Hungarian Photographers is on the 2nd and 3rd floors.