St. Michael church

St. Michael church

1056 Budapest, Váci utca 47/b
+36-1-337-8116
Founded by the Dominican Order, the history of this single-naved church dates back to the 1700-s. The Dominicans were followed by the Paulines and the Mary Ward Nuns, who opened and ran a girls school in the adjacent building until 1950. The high altar and the furniture in the sacristy all date from the 1760s and are the work of Dominican friars. The high altar picture depicts St. Dominic with the Virgin Mary who is passing him a rosary.

Map