The house next to the Storno-house bears the name of Sopron’s talented and educated mayor, Kristóf Lackner, who used to live in this house and was the first to provide for the protection of the outer quarters of the town in the 17th century. The city walls built by him can still be seen along Route 84.
The façade of the house was formed at the time of Lackner. The classicistic balcony was built later; it dates from 1830. Remains of a medieval residential keep stand in the courtyard which was built right next to the city wall. Above the doorway stands the epigraph carved in stone: „Fiat voluntas tua” - Thy Will be done. Lackner did leave no descendants. In his will he bequeathed all his possessions to the town.
In a period the commandants of the town were accommodated in the Lackner-house. This is the reason why the house is also called Generals’ House.