The Ark of the Covenant, one of the most beautiful relics of Győr from the age of baroque stands in Gutenberg Square. In 1729 a soldier who was suspected on committing bigamy, use of false name as well as desertion fled for refuge to the then existing Jesuit monastery. The soldiers surrounded the building. For terminating the blockade, the bishop wanted to bring the refugee to the Bishop's Castle for further asylum. His fellows recognised the soldier who was dressed for an altar boy on the Corpus Christi procession, and the armed soldiers made a rush upon the procession. The monstrance fell off of the hands of the priest in the course of the scuffle and broke. The monument was erected by king Charles III. for conciliation of the injury made on the Holy Sacrament.