The Official Tourist City Card of Budapest
- unlimited travel on public transport free of charge
- more than 100 services
- free or discounted entry to more than 60 museums and to special sights
- sightseeing tours with extra reductions
- reduced price tickets for cultural and folklore programmes
- discounts in restaurants and in spas
The card is a package of services and discounts for visitors to the city of Budapest. The goal of the Budapest Card is to give visitors a selection of discount services from museums and spas to dining.
Buying a card lets you have unlimited public transport within the city and free entry to a thermal spa, which are some of the most popular attractions in Budapest.
Besides these free services, the card offers a wide variety of gastronomy and cultural options at a discount price.
Card types and prices:
| || || |
|24 hours - |
4 900 HUF
|48 hours - |
7 900 HUF
|72 hours - |
9 900 HUF
Each card offer exactly the same services and discounts, the only difference is the period of time for which they are valid.
Services available at discount price:
- Unlimited public transport while the card is valid!
- One time free entry for the following museums:
- Budapest Museum of History
- Aquincum Museum
- Kiscelli Museum
- Vasarely Museum
- Hungarian National Gallery
- New Budapest Gallery
- Hopp Ferenc Art Museum of the Far East
- Please note on mondays the museums are closed.
- One time entry to the Szt. Lukács Thermal Bath and Pool
- 2 free english walking tours (one in Buda, one in Pest)
- everyday at 10:30 at the Pest area, starting at Andrassy Avenue 3., end of the tour: in front of the Tourist Information (Sütő Street)
- everyday at 14:00 at the Buda Castle area, starting at the Trinity Statue
- Every tour is about 2 hours
- 10-50% discount from over 100 establishments (baths, attractions, churches, museums, restaurants, city tours, boat tours, etc.)
The publication, belonging to the card, introduces the use of the Budapest Card and the servicing enterprises. (with photo, address, opening hours, entrance fees and discounts) in Hungarian, English, German and Italian languages.
The card is valid from the date and hour when it is signed.
In case of purchase we will deliver your card to your hotel, and it will wait for you at the reception until your arrival.
In the end you will feel richer because of your numerous new experiences, and savings with the Budapest Card! According to the current laws and orders, public transportation can be used freely, without any ticket in Budapest for every EU citizen above the age of 65.
The 2013 Budapest Card comes with an NFC system, which means the Card can be activated by swiping it at a terminal. Based on card activity, the issuers will be able to research customer activity, seeing which places and services are frequented. Thanks to this technology will enable the official tourism office of Budapest to get to know visitors a little better.