Why do you need a Budapest Card?
First and foremost, public transportation in Budapest is completely free with using a valid Budapest Card.
It is useful for families, because with one card:
- One child (up to 6 years) can enjoy the benefits of the card too! (Free public transport, free Budapest Zoo entrance, and many other discounts!)
- 50% discount to the Szemlő-hegy Cave and Pál-völgy Cave (480-580 Ft discount.
If you plan to visit a museum, these venues are free:
- Budapest History Museum: 50% (Szent György Square 2. Buda Castle area) - (with Budapest Card discount entrance fee: 800 Ft!)
- Hungarian National Gallery 20% (Szent György Square 2. Buda Castle area) - (with Budapest card discount entrance fee: 960 Ft!)
- Museum of Ethnography 20% (Kossuth Square 12. ) - (with Budapest Card discount entrance fee: 640 Ft!)
- Museum of Fine Arts 10% (Heroes Square) - (with Budapest Card discount entrance fee: 1120 Ft!)
- Kossuth Museum Ship (Pest, Vigadó Square 2.)
If you plan to go to sightseeing:
Free guided tours:
- every odd days at 10:30 at the Trinity statue at the Buda Castle area.
- every even days at the Pest area, at Deák Ferenc Square, in front of the Tourist Information at 10:30 (Sütő street).
- Each walking tour takes about 2 hours.
Other free services:
- Free downloadable audioguide "Pocket Guide"
- Airport transfer: the card gives you 10% discount from the AirportShuttle-Minibusz services’ offers
Why does the 48 hours card more than a 72 hours card?
- Beside the above services it includes a Hop-on, hop-off sightseeing tour too
Card types and prices:
| || || |
|24 hours - |
4 500 HUF
|48 hours - |
7 500 HUF
|72 hours - |
8 900 HUF
How to order an pick-up your Budapest Card: you can pick-up your card in our downtown office in Budapest with payment on site. You also can ask for a postal shipping (+postal shipping fee) or you can get it at your hotel's reception. In these cases you have to pay in advance. Pick-up at the airport or other places is not available at the moment.