It's very easy to get to Budapest by plane - several low-cost airlines and also the national airline have great offers and services.
Budapest International Airport is sixteen kilometres south-east of downtown Budapest. From the Ferihegy Terminal 2A is within the Schengen borders, Terminal B to countries outside the Schengen Convention depart airplanes.
Getting into town:
- All major car rental companies have offices in the arrivals hall of Budapest Ferihegy Airport.
- The Airport minibus is a popular and reasonably priced means of transport between the airport and the city.
- The public airport bus, BKV bus number 200E goes to M3 station Kőbánya-Kispest (blue line), about 20 minutes away. From here, the metro takes passangers straight into the city centre.
- A taxi to the centre of Budapest will cost anything between 3.500 Ft and 8.000 Ft.
- Trains also commute between the airport and Nyugati Railway Station, 51 times daily on weekdays and 38 times a day on weekends and holidays. The train ticket price is about HUF 370-615 per person.
Airport central number:
Luggage search service:
Ferihegy 2A: (+36-1)296-8108, (+36-1)296-7217
Ferihegy 2B: (+36-1)296-7948, (+36-1)296-5965, (+36-1)296-5966