It's very easy to get to Budapest by plane - several low-cost airlines and also the national airline have great offers and services.
Budapest International Airport is sixteen kilometres south-east of downtown Budapest. There are two terminals: Terminal One is by low-cost airlines and Terminal Two is divided into two, with Terminal 2A the departure and arrival point for flights of Malév Hungarian Airlines and Terminal 2B hosting all international carriers' flights, including some of the budget airlines.
Getting into town:
- All major car rental companies have offices in the arrivals hall of Budapest Ferihegy Airport.
- The Airport minibus is a popular and reasonably priced means of transport between the airport and the city.
- The public airport bus, BKV bus number 93 goes to M3 station Kőbánya-Kispest (blue line), about 20 minutes away. From here, the metro takes passangers straight into the city centre.
- A taxi to the centre of Budapest will cost anything between 3.500 Ft and 8.000 Ft.
- Trains also commute between the airport and Nyugati Railway Station, 51 times daily on weekdays and 38 times a day on weekends and holidays. The train ticket price is about HUF 300 per person.
Airport central number:
Luggage search service:
Ferihegy 1: (+36-1)296-5449
Ferihegy 2A: (+36-1)296-8108, (+36-1)296-7217
Ferihegy 2B: (+36-1)296-7948, (+36-1)296-5965, (+36-1)296-5966