Bishop György Szatmári had his one-storey, U-shaped Renaissance summer Palace built in the middle of his forest range between 1505 and 1520. Between the wings of the building a courtyard open to the south was located and this was closed down by a tall stone wall. The landscape and the environment was a part of the architectural unit. It is possible that the villa was built according to the plans of an Italian architect or that the architect himself oversaw the construction works.
György Szatmáry was born in 1457 in a rich German middle class family in Kassa. He studied in Krakow and in Bologna. His carrier took off at the Royal Chancellery around 1490. He was appointed first to be the Bishop of Pécs between 1505 and 1521 then to be the Archbishop of Esztergom and Lord Chancellor.
The Turkish used the Palace as a dervish monastery in the second half of the 16th century. The name Tettye itself refers to this function as well as it stems from the Turkish word "tekke" meaning dervish monastery. The ruins and remaining walls of this building can be observed up to these days. Among the natural scenery a summer open air stage was created here introducing evenings of theatre, concert, dance and ballet.