In the summer of 1699 was built Hortobágy inn, a pub owner City of Debrecen customs also entrusted duties. In 1785 built a post-cart next to it shaped the modern Pastoral Museum building. Between 1827 and 1833 Povolny Francis was built according to plans by the "Hortobágy Nine-Arch Bridge" of Central Europe has so far lasted the longest road stone bridge. 1891st was issued on August 5 municipalities across the railway line, which has increased the interest in the area, especially in the summer, held a meeting and the pastor for fair bridge.
The present area of Hortobágy Debrecen until 1952 belonged to the border, Balmazújváros attached to it, then in 1966 became an independent parish.